Saturday, October 16, 2010

This is new for me

This blog is a new attempt to communicate - at least for me!  In the days ahead I hope to share some thoughts that will be worth reading and will become a trigger for response.  The "released friend" concept was given to me several years ago when a man wanted to find out what I do.  After sharing how I have worked with men in small groups, he said, "I know exactly what you do. What church do you l think I belong to?" His church is the Quaker Church i.e. The Society of Friends.  In their fellowship they have the concept of releasing a person to "Serve God and man". Those people are then given the title of "Released Friend".He then told me, "That is what you are!" Though I am not a part of the Quaker Church, this concept is one of the best ways to describe what I actually do.

Since that conversation I have tried to live out that concept in every part of me life.  For over 40 years now I have been "released" to serve people in the name of and through Jesus the Messiah.  This blog will become, I hope, a part of serving people.  Please join me in this journey!
Bill   

No comments: